Vetted Syrian opposition beheaded 2 IS militants in Northern Aleppo, near Mare.
Index of articles
A South Korean diplomat in Chile accused of sexually assaulting teenage girls was summoned home, Tuesday, to face questioning by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, according to diplomatic sources. “The diplomat returned home early this morning in accordance with the ministry’s summons,” the source said on condition of anonymity.
The diplomat, named Park Jeong-hak, was in charge of promoting K-pop at the Korean Embassy to Chile. He was accused of making improper physical contact with a 14-year-old Chilean girl in September while teaching Korean.
Park’s inappropriate actions were made public after a Chilean broadcaster aired, Sunday (local time), film of him sexually abusing an actress disguised as a teenage girl captured by a hidden camera. The broadcaster planned the program, in which it had the actress deliberately lure him, after receiving a tip-off from the parents of a victim.
After the airing of the program called “En Su Propia Trampa” (In Your Own Trap), which sparked public fury in the Latin American country, Yoon Seo-ho, a Korean immigrant who has lived in Chile for 12 years, told a CBS radio program, Tuesday, that the diplomat had been notorious for his sexual offenses even before the program was aired.
The diplomat was also accused of raping a 12-year-old girl as well as sexually harassing the Chilean wife of a Korean immigrant, Yoon said. [Korea Times]
Last week we were warned that a “pro-rape group” would be organising a pro-rape rally in Naas, Co Kildare, and several online petitions called on the Taoiseach to ban the meeting. But there is more to the story than reports suggested.
The controversial meetings were to take place in towns and cities around the world as part of the Return of Kings website’s call for an international meet-up day.
In other words, it was a small internet meet-up in Naas of an obscure forum to meet like-minded men and discuss anti-feminist politics and pick-up artistry, or as they like to call it “game”.
Or it would have been had it gone ahead. Soon after the meetings were announced the website’s creator cancelled them because of fear for the “safety” of his followers, presumably against female protesters and potential attackers.
The website’s creator, known as Roosh V, is an anti-feminist polemicist who has been the subject of petitions around the world seeking to ban him from entry to Canada, the UK and the US, each gathering tens of thousands of signatures.
He sees himself as part of a broader “neomasculinist” movement, which gained prominence within the men’s rights movement of the 1990s, reasserting a strong masculinity perceived to be under attack.
The Return of Kings website is part of a wider online constellation of anti-feminist “manosphere” subcultures and forums from pick-up artists to MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way), which is made up of heterosexual men who rather unconvincingly claim to be voluntarily abstaining from relations with women.
Roosh wrote a book series called Bang, advising men on tactics to get women in different countries to sleep with them.
Roosh’s adventures had a political and economic dimension too, as he had a harder time impressing women in social-democratic feminist Denmark, for example, but claims to have had more luck in eastern Europe where women are, he creepily reports, more “traditional”, a virtue one might have expected to create a hurdle to the central project of Bang.
However, the “pro-rape rally” claim, repeated uncritically in headlines all over the world, deserves some analysis. It comes from a blog post written by Roosh called How to Stop Rape, in which he makes an absurd claim that making rape legal on private property will stop rape.
The pick-up artist has since repeatedly claimed that the piece was satire. What exactly it might be satirising is hard to deduce, but it is highly plausible that the failed satire wasn’t intended to be taken literally and Roosh V has repeated multiple times on Twitter and elsewhere that he does not advocate rape.
One can easily argue against the sincerity of his claim, but why was this reported as a pro-rape rally, a claim now reported around the world as an objective fact, when it is an internet forum meet-up organised on the website of a man who, despite having disgusting views on women, is on record many times saying he does not actually advocate rape?
The increasingly predictable cycle of social media outrage, followed by mainstream media outrage, followed by petitioning of the State to enforce bans on speech and assembly also comes in the context of several years of ongoing online culture wars in which we have even seen feminists like Germaine Greer “no-platformed” on campuses by the new crop of younger feminists for offensive speech.
We’ve seen the language and politics of the new feminism used against left-wing pro-feminist candidates Bernie Sanders in the US and Jeremy Corbyn in the UK. The “Berniebro” myth, that smears Sanders fans as overwhelmingly male, sexist and macho internet trolls, became a source of further online flame wars, opinion and think pieces, despite the notable absence of evidence. The best way to have dealt with Return of Kings’ squalid little internet meet-ups would have been to mock, ignore or challenge them instead of calling on the State to intervene.
In the context of the current immigration and refugee crisis, are progressives really going to legitimise the banning of foreign men on the basis of their opinions? And if so, who do we think will get to decide what constitutes a harmful opinion?
Given how widespread incitement to violence laws are, the way in which the press uncritically took its cue from social media outrage on the Roosh V issue should be worrying to us all, especially in the new online media economy, where outrage generates clicks. Today it may be a sexist fool with retrograde opinions but eventually the fact-immune outrage cycle may come for you too.
Angela Nagle is a writer and academic researcher
Kreutz Ideology and Kreutz Religion advocate the patriarchy, which is the rule by mature men. This is, of course, gender politics. Gender politics is natural. Feminism also is gender politics. But feminism is whimsical.
France's prime minister has raised the terrifying specter of ISIS carrying out chemical or biological weapons attacks on the West, but international investigators have so far confirmed only a single use of mustard gas by the terror gang in the Middle East.
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which enforces a global treaty, announced earlier this month that it had determined with "utmost confidence" that a "non-state actor" used the outlawed agent outside Aleppo, Syria, in August, likely killing a baby.
U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News that ISIS was the non-state actor. The OPCW is continuing to investigate other suspected uses of chemical weapons by ISIS.
ISIS trackers say its current arsenal includes weapons that are easily scavenged: mustard gas in Syria, which stockpiled hundreds of tons before agreeing to dispose of it two years ago, and chlorine that could be obtained from any water treatment facility in territory it has seized.
That seemed to be confirmed in a Tumblr post in August by high-profile ISIS fighter Israfil Yilmaz.
"It’s only acceptable when the regime or any other group uses chemical warfare against us?" he wrote.
"The regime uses chemical warfare on a regular basis these days, and nobody bats an eye — yet when IS captures it from them and uses it against them it’s all of a sudden a huge problem?
"Fight them the way they fight you."
The Associated Press reported Thursday that Iraqi and American intelligence officials believe ISIS is hell-bent on ramping up a chemical weapons program with help of scientists in the territory that forms its so-called caliphate.
An Iraqi politician, citing intelligence reports, told the AP that ISIS has recruited chemical experts Chechnya, Southeast Asia and Iraq, including some who once worked for Saddam Hussein. NBC News has not been able to confirm that assessment.
It's a nightmare scenario, as illustrated by French Prime Minister Manuel Valls' warning to Parliament that bullets and bombs could be replaced by something less tangible but just as deadly.
"We must not rule anything out," Valls said.
But intelligence officials in Washington caution that intent is a far cry from capability, particularly when it comes to more sophisticated weapons like nerve gas.
"We know they are pursuing chemical weapons, but we haven't seen anything beyond mustard and chlorine," said Patrick Martin, an Iraq expert with the Institute for the Study of War, a military research think tank in Washington.
He said that even with mustard gas, the damage has been limited because it's essentially just added to warheads and mortars.
"They don't deploy it on wide scales," Martin said. "Their delivery systems aren't that sophisticated."
But does ISIS have the ability to develop weapons that would pose a threat to the West going forward?
Martin said that's still unclear.
"Mosul [seized by ISIS in June] has a university and that theoretically has the lab facilities to deal with this. The difficulty they may face is in obtaining the raw materials," he said.
Retired Lt. Gen Richard Zahner, a former top military intelligence officer in Iraq, said that while al Qaeda was never able to launch a chemical weapons program, ISIS has greater financial resources.
"Even a few competent scientists and engineers, given the right motivation and a few material resources, can produce hazardous industrial and weapons-specific chemicals in limited quantities," he told the AP.
And the U.S. military has noted that ISIS has been able to lure scientists to its side. In January, U.S. Central Command announced that an airstrike had killed Abu Mailk, a chemical expert who had worked under Saddah Hussein.
"His death is expected to temporarily degrade and disrupt the terrorist network and diminish ISIL's (ISIS') ability to potentially produce and use chemical weapons against innocent people," the statement said.
News.com.au, March 15, 2015
EVEN the movie stars who didn’t win at last month’s Oscar ceremony still might have gone home with a stiff little man. Losing Academy Award nominees were gifted with $US125,000 worth of fancy bath salts, luxury trips, “tobacco” (wink, wink) vaporisers and the like — because who needs free stuff more than rich celebrities?
The most oddball item in the gift bag, however, was a coupon from an Alabama-based cosmetic surgeon for something called a Priapus Shot. The shot, which takes its name from the Greek god of virility, is a new procedure that claims to make the penis bigger — by 10 to 20 per cent — as well as stronger and with improved circulation. Some providers say it will help with sexual dysfunction.
And you don’t necessarily have to be a Hollywood movie star to indulge. It’s available in New York from a handful of doctors — and business, they say, is booming.
“It’s getting much more popular,” says Dr. Halina Stec, a Brooklyn physician who started administering Priapus Shots in August. “My business has doubled [this year].”
“It’s the next big thing in cosmetic surgery,” adds Dr. Eric Berger, a Midtown West physician who started giving the “P” shot three months ago.
Berger now administers about six shots a month and expects that to increase to as many as 20 by the end of the year.
Here’s how it works: The patient’s own blood is drawn and spun in a centrifuge creating platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Platelets’ main function is to stop bleeding, but they also spur growth.
This PRP is then injected into the patient’s penis in five places. (Fear not. Numbing cream is applied first.) For one to two months after, a patient is required to use a penis pump for 10 minutes a day.
The injection, which costs about $US1,500, supposedly kickstarts tissue and blood-vessel growth. The treatment, often a one-time procedure, takes about 30 minutes, and results are permanent, the doctors say.
“You get your own normal-looking penis, only bigger,” says Berger. There’s also a lady version, the “O” shot, in which PRP is injected into a woman’s clitoris.
“Women will experience increased pleasure during orgasm,” Stec says. “They might even become hypersexual. If a woman has never experienced an orgasm, this is the way to have one.”
One New York woman, who asked to remain anonymous, raves about the “O” shot. “I had a healthy sex life before I got the shot. I didn’t think it would do so much,” says the 49-year-old. “What it did though, it was a lot easier to feel like I wanted to have sex. There was a lot more feeling.”
But PRP therapy is a reasonably new field of medicine, and not a lot of hard evidence exists proving it works. Athletes have been getting PRP shots for two decades to help speed recovery from injury (Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant are both believers), but a 2010 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported it to be about as effective as injecting salt water when treating Achilles injuries.
For now, most of the evidence is anecdotal on the “P” and “O” shots. Practitioners swear they’re worth it.
“One of my patients came in, and he and his girlfriend were fighting [and] having sexual problems,” Berger says. “He had a penis that was very thin. I injected him, and he’s got at least an inch improvement ... And they’re back together again.”
Here’s hoping a movie star’s marriage was similarly saved after the Oscars.
Feminism in Europe treats second-generation male Muslim immigrants like dog shit. Something no girl wants to tread on. Even their sisters only want a native European husband.
Index of articles